During inclement weather, the roof over your head becomes more than just a structure; it’s your home’s and family’s first line of defense. It keeps the rain out, and the warmth in, giving you peace of mind during stormy nights.
So, when you panic after discovering a roof leak, we understand. Fortunately, Dunsmore Exteriors Roofing is here to save the day with our range of roofing services, including inspections, evaluations, repairs, roof replacement, installation, and maintenance.
As a trusted local roofing company in Woodbine, MD, we offer over a decade of roofing experience, a commitment to quality roofing, and a deep understanding of Woodbine weather elements, and roof types to meet your needs.
Woodbine roof repair
Knowing when your roof has minor damage that needs repair is crucial to avoiding major problems that will cost a fortune. Dunsmore Exteriors Roofing offers a comprehensive roofing inspection and helps create the best solution based on your needs.
But how can you catch the roof damage early?
Woodbine roofer – Interior signs of a leak you should look for
Below are some tell-tale signs you have a leak in your home.
- Puddles near walls: If you notice unexplained water accumulation close to a wall, it’s a clear sign of a possible leak.
- Discoloration: Yellow or brown stains on walls or ceilings often indicate water damage. These spots can grow over time if the leak persists.
- Texture changes: A leak can cause the paint or wallpaper to bubble, peel, or warp. It can also cause ceilings to sag or appear swollen.
- Musty odor: Persistent dampness can produce a distinct, unpleasant smell. If a room starts to smell musty, it’s a hint there might be hidden moisture.
- Mold and mildew: These fungi thrive in moist environments. Their presence, especially in corners or behind furniture, can directly result from water intrusion causing health concerns.
- Audible drips: Sometimes, even if you can’t see the leak, you might hear it. Pay attention to any dripping or trickling sounds, especially during quiet times.
Woodbine roof replacement – Exterior signs of a leak
When inspecting the exterior of your home, be on the lookout for these tell-tale signs:
- Missing or damaged shingles: Missing or cracked asphalt shingles on your roof can be a direct entry point for water, especially during heavy rain or storms.
- Lifting or curling shingles: Shingles curl or lift because of improper installation, hailstorms, strong winds, age, or poor attic ventilation.
- Growth of algae: Algae growth can accelerate the wear and tear of a roof by holding moisture on the roof’s surface. To fix this problem, we can install algae-resistant shingles or use roofing treatments to bar future algae growth.
- Roof (dry) rot: This problem can compromise your roofing structure’s integrity. Roof rot develops when fungus breaks down the wood in your roof structure, causing it to weaken and eventually crack, sag, or collapse under the roof’s weight.
- Granules in gutters or downspouts: Granules are sand-like particles found on the surface of roofing shingles. If you notice them in gutters or downspouts, take it as a sign of aging for your roof. While it’s okay for new shingles to shed granules, excessive shedding in older granules is a sign that roofing repairs or replacement may be necessary.
Woodbine roofing contractors
Our clients in Woodbine, Maryland, recommend our roofing services for a variety of reasons:
- Professional and insured: Dunsmore Exteriors Roofing is fully insured for all of your residential and commercial roofing projects. You are guaranteed your property and project are covered in case of an accident. Also, you can relax knowing our Roofing contractor will adhere to roofing industry standards for quality and professional service.
- Experienced team: Our roofing experts have decades of experience and use state-of-the-art products to complete your roofing project. This allows us to finish on time without compromising the quality of the roof replacement or repair.
- Quality materials: A new roof is an investment, and we strive to ensure you get the maximum return on your investment. As such, we use the best roofing materials from top manufacturers. Before starting the project, we’ll have a sit-down and take you through the selection of roofing materials and colors ideal for your roof.
Contact Dunsmore Exteriors Roofing today
While Dunsmore Exteriors Roofing is mainly known for roofing in Woodbine, we offer much more. Our professional team can also repair, maintain, and install siding, windows, doors, and gutters for commercial and residential customers.
If you’re looking for quality roofing services, contact us today for a consultation, inspection, and accurate estimates.